The dog tag or 'Erkennungsmarke' shows normal signs of wear. It belonged to a soldier who served in 4.Batterie schwere Artillerie Ersatz Abteilung 216. This abteilung was formed in September 1939 in Gottingen-Weende and was part of the Division Nr.171. In July 1940 it was part of Division Nr.191. It trained and supplied soldier for 4 different Artillerie Regiments, 131,171, 216 and III/385. The 'A' on both parts of the tag stands for the soldiers bloodtype.